MURG MALAI TIKKI
1 hour 15 mins Mins
4 - 5 Servings
1 tsp Lemon juice
• 1\2 tsp Salt
• 2 boneless and skinless Chicken breasts , approx 310g (11 oz), cut into 2cm (4/5 inch) pieces
• 2 tbsp Greek-style natural unsweetened yogurt
• 30g (1 oz) Butter
• 1 tbsp double Cream
• 1tbsp adrak lahsun ka masala (see below)
• 3 green Cardamoms, seeds only
• 1/2 tsp ground cumin
• 1/2 tsp freshly grated Nutmeg
• 2 green finger chillies, finely chopped
• 1 tbsp vegetable Oil
• 2 tbsp Cheddar cheese, finely grated
• Sprinkle lemon juice and salt over the chicken pieces, cover and set aside.
• Mix the yogurt, half the butter, the cream, adrak lahsun ka masala, cardamoms, cumin, nutmeg, chillies, the oil, and cheese and blend into a smooth paste. Pour over the chicken, making sure it is all well coated, and marinate the meat for 1 hour, covered, in the refrigerator.
• Soak 4 – 6 wooden skewers in cold water for 15 minutes to prevent them burning. Skewer the chicken and barbecue, or grill under a preheated grill, for 10 minutes on each side until light brown and cooked through, or simply bake in a preheated 180°C/ 350°F / gas mark 4 oven for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
• Halfway through cooking, baste with the remaining butter (melted).
• Serve hot or cold on the skewers with zeera rice or khasta roti.